This Year’s Show Takes Place March 25-27, at the Nashville Music City Center in Tennessee.
By Mark S. Kuhar
It’s time once again for the aggregates industry’s premier event. Registration is now open for AGG1 Academy & Expo, co-located with the World of Asphalt Show & Conference, running March 25-27, 2024, at the Nashville Music City Center in Tennessee.
With more than 400 exhibitors and more than 200,000 sq. ft. of exhibits, the 2024 show is expected to be among the biggest in its history. AGG1 2024 Exhibitor List
Held two out of every three years (it is not held during ConExpo/Con-Agg years), AGG1 is the aggregates industry’s leading exposition and education resource. AGG1 features in-depth industry-focused educational programming and comprehensive exhibits that showcase the latest technologies and innovations in aggregates-related equipment, products and services.
Also held every year except during ConExpo/Con-Agg years, World of Asphalt is the leading trade show and conference focused on the asphalt and paving industries, whose most recent edition was recognized by Trade Show Executive as one of the “Fastest 50” growing trade shows. World of Asphalt features the best education, and latest equipment, products, services and technologies for the asphalt and paving industries.
“The 2024 AGG1 Aggregates Academy & Expo will foster a unique environment of professional networking along with the latest in industry education,” said Michael Johnson, president and CEO of the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (NSSGA). “Everyone should have AGG1 on their calendars, since the show creates the largest annual gathering of industry producers and those in the manufacturing and services space.”
More than 120 educational sessions will be offered, divided into topic categories:
Operations and Production – Learn about virtually every aspect of plant operations, production, and equipment maintenance, from 101-level courses to the latest technologies, processes and products that aggregate producers are using to produce aggregates and manage their fleets in creative and innovative ways.
Safety and Health – These sessions demonstrate best practices and techniques for the aggregates industry to be efficient, safe, and maintain the health of our workforce.
Business and People Management – Running an aggregates operation is about more than equipment and processes. These classes focus on the business of your operation, including understanding business and financial principles, working with the surrounding community, and ways to market and sell your product.
Environment and Sustainability – Learn ways the aggregates industry can enhance and improve our environmental stewardship, comply with the latest federal and state regulations and standards, and adopt sustainable practices to ensure our businesses continue to grow and thrive.
“We’re looking forward to returning to Nashville to bring the asphalt and aggregates industries together again to showcase the latest products and innovations all in one place,” said Show Director Brittany Schmidtke. “Additionally, we are expanding this year’s show to include more networking and educational opportunities than were available at the record-breaking previous show.”
“This World of Asphalt is poised to be the most crucial one yet with all the advancements going on in the asphalt pavement industry,” said Dr. Audrey Copeland, president and CEO of the National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA), co-owner of the show. “That’s why we’re offering asphalt paving professionals and business owners in the industry more to see and learn than ever before.”
- National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association – NSSGA is the leading advocate for the aggregates industry. Its members – stone, sand and gravel producers and the equipment manufacturers and service providers who support them – produce the essential raw materials found in homes, buildings, roads, bridges and public works projects. NSSGA represents more than 90% of the crushed stone and 70% of the sand and gravel produced annually in the United States.
- Association of Equipment Manufacturers – AEM is the North America-based international trade group representing off-road equipment manufacturers and suppliers with more than 1,000 companies and more than 200 product lines in the agriculture and construction-related industry sectors worldwide. The equipment manufacturing industry in the United States supports 2.3 million jobs and contributes roughly $316 billion to the economy every year.
- National Asphalt Pavement Association – NAPA is the only trade association that exclusively represents the interests of the asphalt producer/contractor on the national level with Congress, government agencies, and other national trade and business organizations. NAPA supports an active research program designed to improve the quality of asphalt pavements and paving techniques used in the construction of roads, streets, highways, parking lots, airports, and environmental and recreational facilities. The association provides technical, educational, and marketing materials and information to its members; supplies product information to users and specifiers of paving materials; and conducts training courses. The association, which counts more than 1,200 companies as members, was founded in 1955.
Running concurrently with AGG1 is the NSSGA annual convention.
“NSSGA’s 2024 Annual Convention and the AGG1 Academy & Expo will create an exciting and busy time for aggregates members,” said Jen Dugas, vice president, meeting and events at NSSGA. “Throughout the week, it’s our goal to facilitate conversations that will address key issues and provide new insight into these challenges.”
2024 marks the third time in the last decade that Nashville’s Omni Hotel will host the convention. This year’s meeting schedule features keynote speakers, including Rich Thau, Engagious, and Super Bowl XVII-winning quarterback, Joe Theismann.
The agenda will also include the association’s committee meeting, a 2024 political analysis and breakouts on essential topics critical to the aggregates industry. Other components of the Annual Convention include the Young Leaders 5K Run and the Young Leaders Luncheon, sponsored by Rock Products.
How to register:
- For the ultimate AGG1/World of Asphalt experience, opt for the All-Access badge, granting daily entry to both events, along with access to up to 10 concurrent education sessions.
- Book your travel and accommodations through the official show hotel block that provides access to the show’s rate assurance without the need to pre-pay.
- Enroll in education to secure your spot. Education topics include people, plants, paving, pavement preservation and environment, health, safety and sustainability (EHS&S).
- Prepare for your visit. With more than 400 exhibitors and just three days to explore everything, attendees are encouraged to organize their schedule ahead of their arrival in Nashville. Additionally, remember to plan Nashville experiences for time spent off the show floor.
Attendees will be able to download the AGG1/World of Asphalt mobile app which will seamlessly connect with the online show planner, offering show maps and real-time notifications.