Sept. 29, 2023 – The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has issued a health alert for mobile mining operations and equipment. The agency suggests the following best practices:
- Control workplace environments to ensure compliance with the dust permissible exposure limits.
- Engineering controls reduce dust at its source, such as dust collector systems; enclosures and booths; use water for dust suppression (sprays, water trucks); and environmental cabs.
- Maintain equipment per manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Provide respiratory protection and ensure it is worn.
- Have a compliant respiratory protection program (RPP).