Nov. 24, 2021 – Thanks to Charley Rea at the California Construction and Industrial Minerals Association (CalCIMA) for the below Transportation Funding & Policy Information. The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) has made available an enlightening presentation on the Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill also known as the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA). The presentation details the $550 billion in new federal infrastructure investment, including:
- Once-in-a-generation investment in America’s roads.
- Largest dedicated bridge investment since the construction of the Interstate System.
- Largest federal investment in public transit ever.
- Largest federal investment in passenger rail since the creation of Amtrak.
- Largest investment in clean drinking water & wastewater infrastructure in U.S. history.
- Largest investment in clean energy transmission and electric vehicle infrastructure in history.
- Ensuring every American has access to reliable high-speed internet.