Albert Einstein said, “Information is not knowledge.”
However, former U.N. Secretary General Kofi Anan said, “Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society.”
This issue of Rock Products is all about information, knowledge and education. The more of all three that you have, the better equipped you will be to make smart decisions for the benefit of your business.
This is the first edition of a new information resource for stone producers, the Aggregates Industry Almanac. One part traditional buyers’ guide, one part statistical compendium and one part educational compilation, the Aggregates Industry Almanac is the one magazine you will want to keep close at hand year ‘round.
- Interested to find out what companies are the top crushed stone producers in the country? We have a list for that.
- Wonder about the status of the industry’s publicly traded companies? That information is here.
- Want to know where the nation’s underground mines are located? You can find that here.
- What does the U.S. Geological Survey have to say about aggregates production? We have the current information.
- Where does the industry stand with regard to fatalities versus last year? We have the latest MSHA data.
- Do you want to know all of the construction equipment distributors in your state? We have a list you can use.
- Would you like to stay in touch with the industry associations that are located in the states where you operate? That is here too.
And there is much more.
Let’s face it, you are bombarded by information every day. It is coming at you in magazines, on the web, via email, on your phone, over the radio, on television. It is hard to escape the onslaught. But the Aggregates Industry Almanac will be waiting here when you need it.
Let us know if there is something you would like to see included in future editions of the Almanac. We hope you find this issue helpful and useful throughout the year.Mark S. Kuhar, editor [email protected] (330) 722‐4081 Twitter: @editormarkkuhar