The ReliaGear SafeT panelboard, new from ABB Electrification Products division, features an industry-exclusive, finger-safe IP20 SafeT bus stack with plug-in branch devices that significantly improves safe operation in low-voltage electrical power distribution applications.
- New product features finger-safe IP20 SafeT bus stack with plug-in branch devices.
- ABB launched the ReliaGear SafeT panelboard as part of a rebranding of its power distribution equipment portfolio. All ABB medium- and low-voltage solutions are branded as ReliaGear for standard equipment and SafeGear for arc-resistant equipment.
- The ReliaGear SafeT panelboard complies with UL 67 and CSA C22.2.
- Designed to fulfill specifications for low-voltage power distribution panelboard applications, it is offered with ratings up to 1,200A, 600V and 200k AIC.
- A versatile selection of main breaker, main lug, universal (back-fed main breaker and back-fed main lug) and single-sided narrow configurations is available.
- It also features ABB’s Tmax and Tmax XT molded-case circuit breakers (MCCBs) for advanced protection and unmatched reliability.
“The new ReliaGear SafeT panelboard’s finger-safe bus stack and plug-in branch devices set it apart from other panelboards in safety and ease of use,” said Will Lindstrom, local panelboard/switchboard product manager, ABB Electrification Products division. “These innovations are much awaited in low-voltage electrical distribution where safety is paramount. The ReliaGear SafeT panelboard reflects ABB’s commitment to technological innovation and workplace safety and will serve as a new benchmark in the industry.”
Other features include a hinged dead front that facilitates installation and maintenance, and field-reversible interiors that allow for jobsite flexibility. ABB’s Tmax XT MCCBs occupy up to 30 percent less mounting space than competitor breakers, which reduces panel enclosure size. ReliaGear SafeT panelboards are available in three standard heights and three standard widths, but are versatile to meet any low-voltage electrical power distribution panelboard application.