During the recent West Virginia Mining Symposium, which took place April 18-19 in Charleston, W.Va., the West Virginia Coal Association recognized and celebrated “Exemplary Mine Safety & Environmental Excellence” achievements of mining industry operations across the state, including several aggregates operations.
“Safety always has been and continues to be our top priority in the [mining] industry,” said West Virginia Coal Association President Chris Hamilton. “[The year] 2022 was a record-setting year for industry safety and our members demonstrate the highest levels of dedication to protecting our … miners.”
Mountaineer Guardian Safety Awards were presented during the event to the following aggregates operations:
- Appalachian Aggregates, LLC, Kelly Mountain Quarry.
- Appalachian Aggregates, LLC, Lewisburg Quarry.
- Decker’s Creek Limestone Co, Decker’s Creek Mine.
- JF Allen Co, Mashey Gap Quarry.
- Martin Marietta Materials INC, Burning Springs Mine.
- Ace Aggregates LLC, Philippi Quarry.