Aggreko, a provider of mobile and modular power solutions, announced the launch of its 1300 kW Ultra-Low Emissions Package, a world-class power generation system that reduces up to 99% of all controlled emissions from generator exhaust streams.
Tailored to fit any project situation, the Ultra-Low Emissions Package is designed to meet strict federal air quality restrictions for faster deployment and long-term use while significantly reducing environmental impact.
The system’s emission levels are certified to be 90% lower than the best reciprocating engine and turbine available on the market, and 99% lower than the federal limits.
Aggreko’s Ultra-Low Emissions Package includes:
- 1,300 kW of continuous power output.
- A selective catalyst reducer (SCR) that separates harmful nitrous oxide into nitrogen and oxygen.
- An oxidation catalyst that converts carbon monoxide into carbon dioxide in a highly efficient combination.
- Cuts all controlled exhaust stream emissions by as much as 99%.
- Emission levels are 90% lower than the next best available technology on the market, and 99% lower than the federal limits.
- Reduces environmental footprint.
- Helps expedite air quality permits.
- Suitable for long-term use and allows for more equipment on-site
“We’re proud to introduce the world’s lowest-emitting temporary power generation system,” said Geoff Bland, Aggreko product manager of power and natural gas. “In the United States, the Environmental Protection Agency requires very strict air quality levels to ensure that industries can operate productively while still protecting the health of employees and neighbors. With our Ultra-Low Emissions Package, we empower our customers with new technology that far exceeds EPA requirements and ensures vital business operations can proceed swiftly through the permitting process. Customers will benefit by deploying this system on their projects knowing that it will significantly cut down on emissions, reduce their carbon footprint, meet air quality permitting standards, and increase operations and the amount of equipment on-site. It’s a win-win situation for everyone.”
Climate change is a global challenge that Aggreko takes seriously as leaders in the temporary power space. The company is working hard to evolve its business for a low carbon future. To achieve this goal, Aggreko is leading its customers to adopt better energy solutions by incorporating sustainable products and technologies to meet their energy needs, investing in efficiency projects, applying low-carbon design principles, and evaluating emissions reduction in technologies.
Now available to all sectors, but especially designed for oil and gas, mining, and utilities, the Ultra-Low Emissions Package is just one way Aggreko is working with its customers to lead the energy transition.