Arcosa Inc. released its 2020 Sustainability Report. The company said it is committed to integrating Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) responsibility into its daily practices and long-term strategies. In support of that commitment, it has released its 2020 Sustainability Report, which can be found at www.arcosa.com/sustainability.
The report highlights the foundational elements of the sustainability program at Arcosa, including people-focused programs and initiatives; environmental metrics, disclosures, and conservation initiatives; and the products that align it with a more sustainable future.
Antonio Carrillo, Arcosa president and chief executive officer said, “2020 was a year in which businesses were faced with challenges that were more complex than traditional business problems. These complexities represent a clear sign that for a business to be successful in the future, it will have to address ESG aspects in a more deliberate manner.”
Carrillo continued, “I am pleased to share with you Arcosa’s 2020 Sustainability Report, highlighting the strides we have taken to advance our ESG program. At the same time, we recognize this is a long journey and we are just getting started. At Arcosa, our goal is to integrate sustainability into our daily practices as well as our long-term strategy.”
Highlights from the annual report include:
- Safety: With safety as its highest priority, Arcosa team members achieved a 56% reduction in Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR) in 2020. Its ARC 100 safety initiative continues to strengthen its safety culture, and it is committed to an evolving system in which all employees contribute to continuous safety improvements.
- Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD): “We have aligned our climate-related disclosures with the recommendations of the Financial Stability Board’s Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures,” the report stated.
- Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) metric disclosure: “We include new disclosures for several key SASB metrics, including safety, diversity, greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, and water consumption,” the report noted.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions (GHG Emissions): “In 2020, we reduced our GHG Emissions Intensity by 12%, including Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions (MTC02e/$ Million Revenues)”, according to the report.
- Water Management: “In 2020, we reduced our municipal water intensity by 16% (kGal/$ Million Revenues),” the report stated.
- Recycled Aggregates Growth: “Through our Cherry Industries and Strata Materials acquisitions, we became a leading supplier of Recycled Aggregates, which play a key role in sustainable construction. Our businesses recycle over 4 million tons of concrete annually,” the report noted.
- Community Impact: “We include stories highlighting a sample of the exceptional ways our businesses supported their local communities during 2020,” the report noted.
- Compensation: “We introduced an ESG component to our short-term incentive awards for 2020, where progress on ESG is incorporated into our Named Executive Officer and other key employees’ compensation,” the report stated.