Komatsu America Corp., introduced its new PC650LC-11 hydraulic excavator. With an operating weight between 140,456 lb. (63710 kg) and 145,284 lb. (65900 kg), the PC650LC-11 maintains the powerful productivity and transportability of the previous model, while improving fuel efficiency, cab design and serviceability.
Additionally, the PC650LC-11 is equipped with the latest KOMTRAX technology. Data such as fuel levels, Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) levels, operating hours, location, cautions and maintenance alerts are relayed to the web application for analysis. A new Operator Identification System provides up to 100 ID codes that can be used to track and report on key machine operating information for various applications, operators or jobs. A new Auto Idle Shutdown function helps reduce idle time as well as operating costs.
“The PC650LC-11 is matched perfectly for high-production loading of 30-40 ton trucks, and well suited for deep sewer and water trenching applications,” said Justin Lantin, product marketing manager, Komatsu America. “It is also designed to accommodate flexible job operations that require frequent transportation with reduced time required for disassembly,” Lantin said.
Standard features of the new PC650LC-11 include:
Tier 4 Final Certified Engine Technology:
- A 436-net-hp (325 kW), Komatsu SAA6D140E-7, EPA Tier 4 Final emissions certified engine.
- Integrated, Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) system that uses Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) to meet EPA Tier 4 Final emission regulations for NOx emissions.
- Variable Geometry Turbocharger (VGT) and an Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve for more precise temperature and air management control, as well as longer component life.
Highly Efficient Hydraulic System:
- All major components, including the engine, hydraulic pumps, motors and valves exclusively designed and produced by Komatsu.
- Integrated design, using a Komatsu open center load sensing hydraulic system, features three working modes to match performance in a wide variety of applications.
- Additional hydraulic system enhancements reduce hydraulic loss, improving efficiency.
- Hydraulically driven, reversible cooling fan varies fan speed in response to coolant, hydraulic oil and ambient air temperatures, creating better efficiency and a quiet work environment for the operator.
- Comfortable, quiet work environment to help operators maximize productivity.
- ISO-certified cab, specifically designed for hydraulic excavators, strengthened by a reinforced box structure framework.
- Cab mounted on viscous isolation dampers for low vibration levels.
- Standard, heated air suspension high back seat, with new fully adjustable armrests for improved comfort.
- Standard AM/FM stereo radio, plus auxiliary input, for connecting external devices to play music through the cab speakers.
- 12-volt power ports incorporated into the cab.
- Enhanced, high-resolution, 7-in. LCD color monitor displays information in 33 languages, for global support.
- Operator can select up to three working modes to match machine performance to the application.
- Monitor panel displays DEF fluid level, ecology guidance, operational records, fuel consumption history and utilization information.
- New display combines vehicle information with wide, landscape view from standard rearview camera, allowing the operator to easily view the working area directly behind the machine.
Convenient Maintenance and Serviceability:
- Handrails on both sides of the upper structure for easier access.
- Large, easy-to-reach, 16.4-gal. (62.2 liter) refill capacity DEF tank, in a lockable compartment, provides 2:1 diesel-to-DEF refill ratio.
- Hydraulically-driven fan can be manually reversed to simplify cleaning the cooling assembly.
- Radiator and hydraulic oil coolers mounted side by side, for easy maintenance and service.
- Standard, 24-volt lubrication pump with hose reel to ease grease-fitting maintenance.
- Exclusive Komatsu Equipment Management Monitoring System (EMMS) continuously monitors all critical systems, enables preventative maintenance, and provides trouble-shooting assistance to minimize diagnosis and repair time.
The Komatsu PC650LC-11 hydraulic excavator, whether rented, leased or purchased, is covered by the Komatsu CARE program for the first three years or 2,000 hours, whichever comes first. Komatsu CARE includes scheduled factory maintenance, a 50-point inspection at each service, and up to two complimentary Komatsu DPF exchanges and up to two DEF tank flushes in the first five years.
Komatsu America Corp., www.komatsuamerica.com