The National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association (NSSGA) announced the Gold Award winners of the Community Relations Excellence Awards.
“We gladly congratulate all of the Gold Award winners for involving their communities in their operations and helping them understand the value of the aggregates industry,” said Michael W. Johnson, NSSGA president and CEO.
The Gold Awards for Community Relations, Safety Excellence and Sterling Safety will be presented at NSSGA’s 2017 Annual Convention in Las Vegas, March 3-7. A Platinum Award of Excellence in Community Relations, which is the highest industry recognition for community outreach, will be presented live on March 4 to a single quarry that has gone above and beyond to become a viable asset in their community.
The winners are:
- Bolingbrook Quarry, Vulcan Materials Co., Naperville, Ill.
- Bridgeport Quarry, Hanson Aggregates, Irving, Texas.
- Cabarrus Quarry, Vulcan Materials Co., Concord, N.C.
- Dolcito Quarry, Vulcan Materials Co., Birmingham, Ala.
- Gainesville Quarry, Lehigh Hanson Inc., Atlanta.
- Gallatin Quarry, Rogers Group Inc., Gallatin, Tenn.
- Lake Wales Sand Mine, Davenport Shops, Orlando.
- Lawrenceburg Quarry, Rogers Group Inc., Columbia, Tenn.
- Servtex Quarry, Hanson Aggregates, Irving, Texas.
NSSGA’s annual awards program recognizes aggregates operations throughout the United States for their remarkable commitment to safety, their continuous performance of safe environmental practices and for their efforts and activities that have enhanced the image of the industry. The Environmental Excellence Awards and Grassroots Awards will be presented at the association’s new Legislative and Policy Forum/Fall Board Meeting later this year.
The Gold Award is given to the top 10 percent of facilities receiving the highest score from NSSGA’s selected group of independent judges.