The California Construction & Industrial Materials Association (CalCIMA) announced the recipients of its 2016 Safety Excellence Awards at its 2016 Education Conference.
“These awards honor the plants and individuals that produce vital materials for society while operating in a manner that prioritizes safety. Importantly, these awards recognize improvements in safety culture, communication, employee empowerment, innovation, and impact beyond the plant,” said Gary Hambly, president and CEO of CalCIMA.
The awards were presented by Paul Belanger, assistant western district manager for the Mine Safety & Health Administration.
Award categories included aggregates, industrial minerals, ready mixed concrete, cement, individuals and safety professionals.
The 2016 recipients are:
- Tehachapi Plant, Lehigh Southwest Cement.
- Corona Quarry, Vulcan Materials Western Division.
- Garey Aggregate Plant, CalPortland.
- Natividad Plant, Lhoist North America.
- Lucerne Valley Plant, Specialty Minerals Inc.
- Ontario Concrete Product Plants, CalPortland.
- Pleasanton Plant, Central Concrete Supply Co. Inc.
- Ramiro Murillo – lead kilnman, Natividad Plant, Lhoist North America.
- Brian Bigley – safety manager, Tehachapi Plant, Lehigh Southwest Cement.