HardoxWearparts now provides a holistic wear offering for end users. Duroxite overlay was introduced at this year’s MINExpo show. Offering both the industry-leading Hardox wear plate and now Duroxite overlay products, Hardox Wearparts can provide the best wear solution for their customers’ environment and applications, according to the company.
The Duroxite overlay is comprised of abrasion resistant materials deposited on top of mild steel or Hardox wear plate to create an extremely wear resistant compound material. Duroxite is manufactured by SSAB, producer of Hardox wear plate and a company with extensive metallurgical knowledge in the wear arena.
Duroxite overlay works especially well in sliding wear environments where small and hard materials are processed such as coal with high quartz content. It also plays an important role as a wear resistant material in high temperature environments.
“Customers can expect the best wear properties and longest service life from Duroxite as they have come to expect from Hardox,” said Gregoire Parenty, head of SSAB Services. “It’s a natural choice for many industries such as mining, cement production and handling, coal-fired power generation and other applications.”
Duroxite comes with guarantees that are unique for the overlay market. Duroxite overlay products are delivered with an overlay thickness guaranteed within +10 percent. This is consistent throughout the plate and from plate to plate.
Further, consistent wear properties are guaranteed throughout the plate down to 75 percent of the overlay thickness as opposed to just the surface of the overlay. The remaining 25 percent of overlay is the transition layer necessary to maintain good bonding to the base plate. An optimal carbide composition ensures homogenous bonding between the base metal and overlay adding to the high wear resistance and long service life of Duroxite.
Hardox Wearparts, www.hardoxwearparts.com, [email protected]