Komatsu America Corp. introduced the new WA270-8 wheel loader. Equipped with an EPA Tier 4 Final certified engine, this addition to the wheel loader family combines high production with low fuel consumption and improved operator comfort.
The WA270-8’s parallel-lift linkage, with auto tilt-in to simulate a Z-bar, can be used in virtually any application from pallet handling to hard digging. Fuel consumption is lower by up to 3 percent in V-cycle loading and 2 percent in load-and-carry applications.
“Whether you’re lifting, digging or changing attachments on the fly, the WA270-8 is compact enough to squeeze between farm buildings, yet powerful enough to tackle jobs often planned for bigger machines,” said Frank Nyquist, product specialist, Komatsu America. “It’s one of the most versatile machines Komatsu offers,” Nyquist said.
Standard features of the new WA270-8 include:
- A powerful 6.69 liter, 149-hp, EPA Tier 4 Final, SAA6D107E-3 engine uses up to 3 percent less fuel than its Tier 4 Interim predecessor.
- Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter (KDPF) and other after treatment components are designed in conjunction with the engine for efficiency and long life.
- The new SCR system reduces NOx emissions and is designed to last the life of the engine.
- More than 98 percent of the KDPF regeneration is performed passively, with no action required of the operator and no interference with machine operation.
- Proven, fourth-generation hydrostatic drivetrain with variable traction control and S-mode provides excellent traction control to reduce wheel slip. S-mode is ideal for snowy, icy or slippery conditions.
- Creep mode in first gear is easily controlled via a knob on the RH console. This mode allows the operator to dial in travel speed from one to eight miles an hour.
Komatsu America Corp., www.komatsuamerica.com, 847-437-5800