At this year’s IEEE Conference on Explosives and Blasting Technique in Las Vegas, Brazil-based Wolf Rock Drills showed its product line including the Fox 8-20. The hydraulic crawler drill, which the company said is an excellent option for rock drilling, is applicable to quarries, open pit mining and drilling service contractors. The Fox 8-20 features:
- Diesel engine 4cc Tier 3.
- Equipment with low diesel consumption – average 14 l/h (3.7 gal.)
- High performance – average 33 linear meters/hour.
- Easy operation and simple maintenance.
- Compact equipment.
- Easy and fast displacement.
- Damp suppressor according to regulatory mining standard NRM 9.
- Hole range.
- Rod type: t38mf / t45mf.
- Hole depth: 82-ft.
- Drilling diameter: 2.5 – 3.5-in.
- Rod length: 12-ft.
- Feed force: 20 kn (4.500 lbf).
- Brand: Cummins.
- Model: Qsb 4cc – Tier 3.
- Power: 130 hp.
- Cooling: Water.
- Tank Capacity: 285 L (62.9 gal.)
- Compressor type: screw.
- Working pressure: 105 psi (7 bar).
- Fad: 180 pcm/cfm.
Wolf Rock Drills, www.wolf.com.br