Fairmount Santrol released its ninth annual Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report, “Boldly Different” – its first report to follow the new Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Guidelines, according to the company.
To meet these guidelines, the company conducted an assessment where it engaged internal and external stakeholders to identify and prioritize Fairmount Santrol’s most significant sustainability-related impacts, risks and opportunities.
Some highlights of our 2014 CSR report include:
- Hosted its fourth Appreciative Inquiry Summit, where Family Members and stakeholders Boldly defined its path to a sustainable future and contributed more than 3,720 hours of service during its “Day of Caring.”
- Achieved one million consecutive safe working hours.
- Reused approximately 95 percent of water used in our operations.
- Increased total number of zero waste facilities from 11 to 18.
- Expanded global logistics network to include 52 distribution terminals and more than 9,300 railcars.
- Invested nearly $3.9 million in the communities where employees live and work.
“Since becoming a public company, we have been asked if our commitment to sustainable development will endure,” said President and Chief Executive Officer Jenniffer Deckard. “The answer is simple: ‘Yes.’ SD is one important factor in making Fairmount Santrol ‘Boldly Different.’”