Modustri Mobile Simplifies Undercarriage Inspections
- Published: Monday, 17 March 2014 16:18
To address the problem of lengthy, inaccurate, and inefficient undercarriage inspections of heavy construction equipment, Modustri announced the beta launch of its new mobile technology platform, the Modustri HDE Suite. The HDE Suite simplifies field inspections for the construction industry, creating efficiencies in the measurement and data collection processes.
The Modustri HDE Suite was designed for inspectors, sales reps and fleet managers and puts the power to create value in their hands.
“The inability to perform on-site inspections quickly and accurately is a problem that for years has hampered heavy equipment dealers’ ability to spend enough face-time with their customers,” said Brian Steketee, founder of Modustri. “The Modustri HDE Suite is a solution to this problem. We’ve developed groundbreaking technology that will help dealers and their sales teams get out from behind their desks and increase the amount of time they spend with their clients, building trust and converting field visits into sales. At the same time, the Modustri HDE Suite allows end-customers to plan effectively for repairs or parts replacement, resulting in less equipment downtime.”
The Modustri HDE Suite is comprised of hardware and software. The hardware, the Wear Management Device (WMD), clips to an iPad mini and seamlessly links with the Suite’s software. The software includes the HDE Inspection Application and HDE Inspection Manager (web portal). The combined capabilities streamline the inspection and sales processes.
A cloud database and Application Programming Interface (API) make it possible. The database feeds pre-loaded wear tables and accurately calculates wear percentages. The API is the communications highway linking everything together and assuring simplified integration with existing databases.
Technology benefits include:
- The HDE Suite provides accurate measurements every time and keeps historical records for a precise analysis of equipment performance.
- Field-testing has shown a 50 percent reduction in inspection time with the HDE Suite, affording time to conduct more inspections, which lead to new opportunities.
- Inspection results are sent via e-mail to customers directly from the HDE Inspection Application and sync in real-time with the HDE Inspection Manager so the office can generate quotes ASAP.
- More detail and more accurate results equal greater insight into and control over the undercarriage lifecycle and associated costs. The HDE Suite generates reports dynamically and in real-time for sharing with management and sales teams.
- Intelligence gathered directly from the field was paired with best user experience practices to assure all Modustri HDE products are intuitive and easy to use.
- The HDE Suite integrates with a user’s database system to import and auto-populate existing data. The platform can be customized to be company specific.
The Modustri HDE Suite has the potential to address the needs of a multitude of industries with precision measurement needs. Modustri can help the oil and gas industry predict and prevent corroding pipelines and oil tanks. Modustri can also benefit public infrastructure by extending the life of aging systems such as bridges, rail and roadways, power plants, sewage systems, or undersea communications cables.