Goodyear Tires for Aggregates Applications
- Published: Tuesday, 06 May 2014 08:28
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. displayed a number of construction and aggregate application tires at ConExpo-Con/Agg 2014.
“Our tires are designed to help vehicles operate at optimized efficiency,” said David Anckaert, general manager, global OTR tires, Goodyear. “Our tires can help construction vehicles navigate challenging terrain to get the job done.”
Goodyear now offers:
- The GP2B, a smooth-riding radial tire for general service applications. The tire contains a unique, high-synthetic compound for long wear and cut resistance; a high-tensile steel belt package for enhanced impact resistance; open shoulder grooves for outstanding traction and self-cleaning; and a solid center rib for superior lateral traction.
- The RT3B, which is designed for travel across particularly rough terrain. The RT3B contains multiple steel belts to resist rock cuts and penetrations; all-steel radial construction to resist heat build-up; industry-leading compounds for enhanced cost-per-mile and overall tread wear; and a wide tread width for extra mobility and a more stable and comfortable ride.
- The T3LA+, a radial tire with 25 percent more tread depth for superior traction and ride in soft soil conditions. It also contains an ultra-wide tread arc width for enhanced forward and lateral traction and flotation; an open tread design to promote self-cleaning; synthetic/natural rubber compounding for long tread wear and cut resistance; and a high-tensile steel belt package for enhanced impact resistance.
- The GP4D, a radial that offers enhanced traction for articulated dump trucks. It features a non-directional tread design for high fore, aft and lateral traction; ultra-wide tread arc width for improved sidewall protection, enhanced flotation and enhanced tread life; centerline riding lugs for long tread wear and a smooth ride; and more. “The GP4D is available in a 65-series profile and select wide-base sizes for a high degree of flotation, improved stability and reduced ground pressure,” noted Anckaert.
- The RL5K, a radial loader tire designed for severe underfoot conditions. The RL5K boasts a combined smooth or lug tread pattern for enhanced tear resistance and traction; synthetic/natural rubber compounding for long tread wear and cut resistance; and other features. “Its tread depth is 150 percent deeper than a standard L-3 to help deliver optimal wear,” said Anckaert.
Also on display were large-haulage tires like the RT4A+, the RM4A+ and the RM4B+, which are suited for quarry and aggregate use. “Goodyear is committed to the construction and aggregate tire markets,” said Anckaert. “Our strategy is to focus on premium tires for the growing demands of our customers. We look forward to continuing to serve our customers with high-performing products.”