ConExpo-Con/Agg 2014 kicks off this morning in Las Vegas, and will feature new equipment, technology and product breakthroughs for the construction and aggregates industries. The show already covers a record-breaking 2.3 million net sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor exhibits, and IFPE 2014 has achieved record status with 165,000 net sq. ft. of exhibit space.
Show management stresses that quality, not size, is the goal. A strategic alignment with needs of the industry has led to programs and events geared toward helping attendees and exhibitors achieve the most value out of their time at the shows.
“Attendees will find the newest products and technologies and technical experts ready to discuss product features and applications. In the space of a few days, in one place, visitors can examine and compare the best of what our industries have to offer,” stated Megan Tanel, ConExpo-Con/Agg show director and AEM vice president exhibitions and events.
“Attendees will also find the focused industry education, with the latest techniques and information, they need to run their businesses most efficiently. The opportunity to share experiences and ideas with industry peers adds another dimension to the show experience,” stated Melissa Magestro, IFPE show director and AEM senior director exhibitions.
ConExpo-Con/Agg 2014 will feature:
- 2,400 exhibitors showcasing new products and technologies for every major construction industry including asphalt, aggregates, concrete, earthmoving, lifting, mining, utilities and more.
- More than 130,000 attendees that range from contractors, to dealers and distributors, to service providers, engineers, producers, municipalities and more.
- A comprehensive education program during the five-day exposition with sessions emphasizing industry issues and trends, management and applied technology.
What’s New for 2014?
- New navigation programs. Getting around the show will be much simpler with these new services:
- Superior shuttle service.
- Enhanced mobile navigation app.
- Knowledgeable onsite guides to help answer any questions.
- New internal routes get you from one product area to another much faster.
- New Platinum Lot – Located directly across from South Hall – 387,000 sq. ft. of equipment for aggregate processing, asphalt paving, drilling and more.
- New Demolition and Recycling Pavilion – Sponsored by the Construction Materials Recycling Association, and C&D World magazine, this pavilion will promote safe and economically feasible recycling of recoverable construction and demolition materials.
- New education packages – More flexibility and no wasted tickets.
Rock Products will be distributing a VIP Show Guide at the event, featuring a current exhibitor list and maps of the show floor.