Komatsu America Launches Komatsu CARE
- Published: Wednesday, 07 September 2011 17:06
Complimentary Maintenance Program Available through Distributor Network
By Mark S. Kuhar
Komatsu America Corp. now offers Komatsu CARE, a service and advanced product-support solution that comes standard with all construction-size Tier 4 Interim machines. Komatsu CARE can lower the cost of ownership whether it is rented, leased or purchased.
Komatsu is the first OEM in the construction equipment industry, according to the company, to offer its customers a Complimentary Maintenance Program. The complimentary program includes all 500-hour factory-scheduled maintenance intervals on Tier 4 Interim Komatsu construction equipment for the first 3 years or 2,000 hours (whichever occurs first), and is available at all distributors in the U.S. and Canada.
The Komatsu CARE Complimentary Maintenance Program includes:
- Komatsu Genuine Fluids.
- Komatsu Genuine Fluid Filters.
- Service work performed by a Komatsu Factory Certified Technician.
- Multi-point inspections performed by a factory Certified Technician.
- Komatsu Oil & Wear Analysis (KOWA).
- Komatsu Genuine SuperCoolant.
“With the introduction of Komatsu CARE, Komatsu is the first in our industry to offer a comprehensive complimentary maintenance program,” said Dave Grzelak, CEO, Komatsu America Corp. “Complimentary maintenance programs have been very successful, particularly within the luxury auto industry, because they have increased residual values on lease returns, increased the price of used vehicle sales, and increased the longevity of component life. With Komatsu CARE we think we can replicate that success within the construction industry for those who buy and lease Komatsu machines.”
The Komatsu CARE Complimentary Maintenance Program ensures that proper maintenance is performed with OEM parts by factory certified technicians. The program also increases uptime and efficiency, and provides detailed machine maintenance records that can – in turn – bring higher resale value. Komatsu CARE is transferable to new owners, upon resale, within the United States and Canada.
“We’ve introduced Komatsu CARE at this time to ease the cost of buying or leasing a Tier 4 machine,” Grzelak said. “Komatsu CARE is yet another example of the value-added tools and services that go along with owning a piece of Komatsu equipment. This is the kind of program that Komatsu and our distributors offer to continually improve our customers' experience.”
For Komatsu CARE program details, please visit the website at www.komatsuamerica.com/komatsu-care.
Get it Free
The Komatsu CARE program covers all new Komatsu Tier 4 interim construction equipment, whether rented, leased or purchased. For the first 3 years or 2,000 hours, whichever occurs first, you’ll receive:
- Regular service at 500, 1,000, 1,500 and 2,000-hour intervals.
- 50-point inspection by factory-trained technician at each scheduled interval.
- Technician labor.
- Fluids, oils, coolant, filters and parts. (Coolant at 24 months, if not expired by hours, belts, valve adjustments and accumulators are not covered under this program).
- Technician travel to and from your equipment location.
- Service will be performed by a Komatsu Distributor and only Komatsu genuine fluids and filters will be used.
Komatsu CARE services are available from every Komatsu Distributor in the United States and Canada.