Restoring Wet Drum Separators
- Published: Monday, 08 February 2010 08:51
Restoring older wet drum separators to their previous magnetic strength can now be handled through Eriezí service center in Lake City, Pa.
There are two distinct applications for wet drum magnetic separators. One application is the recovery of magnetite or ferrosilicon in a heavy media process. The other is the concentration and recovery of magnetite from iron ore. Over time, wet drum separators used in harsh industrial environments lose their magnetic efficiency, but it can be restored with proper maintenance.
To maintain magnetic power, the service center now offers a comprehensive maintenance program for wet drum separators. Portions of the maintenance program include:
- Perform a visual inspection of shell, hubs, bearings and shaft end;
- Remove hubs to inspect the magnetic element for damage;
- Upgrade magnetic element and replace shell, if necessary;
- Test the wet drum separator and ship back to customer.