Exhibit space sales for the ConExpo-Con/Agg 2014 exposition are running well ahead of the record-breaking pace of 2008, and 40 percent ahead of 2011. Megan Tanel, ConExpo-Con/Agg show director and AEM vice president of exhibitions and events, said compared to the same time in the previous show cycle, exhibit space sales for ConExpo-Con/Agg and IFPE are galloping ahead of the record set in 2008 by a blistering 20 percent.
“Considering our industries are not fully back up to speed after the recession, we are gratified by the value placed on our shows by our members and exhibitors,” Tanel said.
The co-located ConExpo-Con/Agg and IFPE shows are scheduled for March 4-8, 2014, at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas. They are the global gathering place every three years for the construction, construction materials and fluid power/power transmission/motion control industries.
“Exhibitor engagement is key,” said Melissa Magestro, IFPE show director and AEM senior director exhibitions. “We strive to develop a strong connection with our exhibitors and a fuller understanding of their exhibiting objectives.”
AEM offers exhibitors show education and planning information plus marketing and branding opportunities to help them more effectively reach customers and help ensure a successful show experience. AEM outreach includes:
- Multi-day exhibitor education meeting in May 2013 in the centrally located Chicago O’Hare airport area, supplemented by targeted education sessions throughout the show cycle.
- Sponsorship program with new multi-level and customizable options.
- Exhibit suites in the Las Vegas (formerly Hilton) and Riviera hotels – as another way to reach customers.
- Exhibitor booth promotion kit with customizable tools including direct mail, banner ads, online listings, emails, show ads, post cards, and public relations and social media outreach.
- Monthly Exhibitor Insider newsletter with timely show information and planning tips.
- Online, mobile and other technology tools to better connect with attendees as well as track ROI from the events.
Exhibitors will receive more information on these show features as the planning cycle progresses.
Show management attributes strong exhibitor interest not only to ConExpo-Con/Agg’s and IFPE’s reputation of attracting a highly qualified buying audience, but also to the shows’ philosophy of being industry-run, with industry needs foremost.
At the last edition of the shows, exhibitors expressed overwhelming satisfaction with the quality and quantity of attendees. More than 90 percent said they were satisfied with their overall experience at ConExpo-Con/Agg and IFPE 2011. More than 90 percent of exhibitors also said face-to-face customer contact was important or very important to the success of their company.
“We know our exhibitors have an increasing number of avenues for their marketing investment,” said Tanel. “That’s why we strive to continually improve upon programs and implement carefully-reviewed new options to help them achieve their sales and marketing goals while offering options to control their expenses.”