Rock Products - The Leading Voice of the Aggregate Industries.

Haver & Boecker, W.S. Tyler And Major Wire Form Screening Alliance


MajorWireDecember 15, 2011 – Germany’s Haver & Boecker, owner of St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada-based W.S. Tyler Canada Ltd., and Montreal-based Major Wire Industries Ltd. have reached an agreement to establish a global screening alliance starting on Jan. 1, 2012. Bringing together their collective experience of more than 250 years in screening and a broad product line involving vibrating screens, washing and pelletizing equipment and screen media, the alliance seeks to expand growth opportunities while further strengthening their current capabilities with customers throughout North America and globally.WSTyler

Representing its parent company Haver & Boecker, W.S. Tyler will initially acquire a 40 percent share of Major Wire Industries on Jan. 1, 2012, and purchase the remaining 60 percent in 2016. In North America, W.S. Tyler has Canadian facilities in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada, and Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, and a U.S. facility in Salisbury, N.C., while Major Wire has operations in the Montreal area and a U.S. facility in Puyallup, Wash.

W.S. Tyler management has asked Major Wire to manage its Salisbury woven wire facility with the intent to serve Major Wire’s extensive dealer network throughout the U.S. and in Latin America. All remaining operations for both companies within North America and globally will continue to operate independently. W.S. Tyler and Major Wire dealers and representatives throughout the world will also continue serving their respective customers and prospects as they do today.

“Our alliance with Major Wire will prove to be a unique opportunity for two family-owned manufacturers to effectively employ their combined strengths and expertise to the benefit of the North American and global mining, mineral and aggregate markets,” commented Walter Haver, joint owner of Haver & Boecker. “It is clearly a win-win for all personnel, sales channels, vendors and most of all, the customers we serve.”

“A few years ago, I began developing a succession plan that would ensure that Major Wire would continue to expand and provide a long-term opportunity for our employees after I retire,” explained Jean Leblond, president and owner of Major Wire Industries. He added that he has found a partner that shares the same values, desire to invest in the future and focuses on the customer first.