Every Three Years ConExpo-Con/Agg is the International Gathering Place for the Construction Industries. Find Out What’s New at the Show.
By Mark S. Kuhar
Every three years ConExpo-Con/Agg is the international gathering place for the construction industries, with a focus on construction, aggregates and ready mixed concrete. The 2017 event will feature exhibits of the latest technologies and innovations in equipment, products and services plus extensive industry-targeted education.
ConExpo-Con/Agg will take place March 7-11, 2017, at the Las Vegas Convention Center, in Nevada. The show will feature more than 2,500 exhibitors and 2.5 million sq. ft. of exhibit space, and more than 150 education sessions
Show hours are Tuesday, March 7-Friday, March 10: Exhibits 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Saturday, March 11: Exhibits 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Principal sponsors are Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM), National Ready Mixed Concrete Association and National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association. Show sponsor is Associated General Contractors of America. AEM is the show producer.
The show attracts persons involved in all segments of the construction, aggregates and ready mixed concrete industries, including contractors, materials producers and government and institutional sector officials.
Exhibits will showcase the latest technologies and innovations in equipment, products and services for the construction industries. Product concentration areas, as well as specialized exhibit pavilions, make it easy for visitors to locate specific products, services and exhibitors of interest.
Leading industry organizations from around the world participate as Supporting Organizations, and leading industry publications/media worldwide participate as Supporting Publications/Media, including Rock Products, Cement Americas and Concrete Products magazines.
ConExpo-Con/Agg is recognized as a gathering place for the worldwide construction and construction materials industries, and hundreds of industry meetings, including annual conventions of industry associations, are held in conjunction with the show.
The 2017 edition of the show will feature some new additions.
- The Tech Experience: Visit the new 75,000+ sq. ft. Tech Experience, see the future of the construction industry, and uncover how your business can become more profitable and more efficient
- Nearly 700 new exhibitors.
- Badge-Pack that includes a free Las Vegas Monorail multi-day pass; free deluxe coach bus to and from the show to most hotels; access to seven different halls/lots for ConExpo-Con/Agg and IFPE on all five show days; discounts at various Las Vegas bars and restaurants; and entry to the new Tech Experience.
- New technology that helps you keep track of exhibitors you visited and who you want to follow-up most with.
- New education including tracks on technology, business management, workforce development, and more.
ConExpo-Con/Agg offers a comprehensive education program during the five-day exposition, with seminars emphasizing industry issues and trends, management and applied technology.
Education Program Pricing
- Full Session Pass - $395 (included in Supreme pack). Includes any session from Tuesday through Friday within the ConExpo-Con/Agg program – except any specially priced programming or co-located events.
- Session Day Pass - $195 (included in Deluxe pack). Includes any sessions on selected day.
- Single Session - $69.
The latest topics and industry trends are grouped into 10 tracks for ease in finding education that meets your needs:
- Aggregates: focus on current methods and trends in quarry production and plant design.
- Asphalt: focus on techniques and innovations in asphalt paving, recycling, materials, and plant management.
- Concrete: focus on the latest practices and advances in concrete materials, masonry, production, and plant management.
- Cranes, rigging, & aerial lifts: focus on innovations, regulations and safety in crane, rigging, and aerial lift operations.
- Earthmoving & site development: focus on current business and equipment practices for large equipment contractors.
- Equipment management & maintenance: focus on the latest in fleet asset management and maintenance trends. Management - business best practices: focus on improving and building business strategies/tools needed to manage and strengthen your company for today’s and tomorrow’s success.
- Safety & regulations: focus on practices, training, and regulations designed to keep crews and plants safe.
- Technology: focus on industry innovations and future growth opportunities in the technology field.
- Management - workforce development: focus on developing and advancing your career skills.
Rock Products is sponsoring a seminar at the show: Frac Sand: How Technology and Market Dynamics Will Drive Future Success. The seminar takes place March 10, from 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., and will feature:
- Mark Kuhar, editor, Rock Products/Mining Media International.
- Joel Schneyer, managing director, Headwaters MB.
- Mark Krumenacher senior principal/senior vice president, GZA Geoenvironmental.
- Matthew Lear, regional sales manager , McLanahan Corp.
For more information go to www.conexpoconagg.com.