Eriez Model 1200 Series Metal Detectors detect both ferrous and nonferrous tramp metal in magnetic ores, highly mineralized products and food products – even when conveyed on steel-corded belts. From detecting medium and larger ferrous and nonferrous particles traveling at speeds up to 1200 fpm (363 mpm), to detecting small pieces of metal in wet conductive products, Model 1200 Series Metal Detectors provide a solution.
The 1200 Series detection system operates by measuring the change in received electromagnetic signal of material being conveyed through the sensor area. Since the magnetic properties of a material are completely independent of conductivity, both magnetic and nonmagnetic tramp metals are consistently detected.
The seven models in the 1200 Series include:
- The Model 1220 Metal Detector is an economical design for applications requiring detection of bucket teeth and other large damaging pieces of ferrous and nonferrous metals. It is prefabricated to fit CEMA standard conveyors with belt widths up to 48 in., and the coil spacing can be field adjusted up to 23.5 in. to handle most standard application requirements.
- The Model 1230 Metal Detector is engineered for installation on conveyor belts carrying coal, minerals, aggregates and other bulk materials. It can be tuned to ignore conductive or magnetic ores such as magnetite and pyrite, even if they are carried by high tension, steel-corded belts with rip detection loops, while still detecting small pieces of tramp metal.
- The Model 1235 Metal Detector has the unique ability to detect and discriminate between magnetic and non-magnetic tramp metals. Installing the Model 1235 Metal Detector with the magnet activation circuit before a Suspended Electromagnet allows the 1235 to control the magnet power based on the presence of magnetic tramp metal, which will enable the customer to conserve energy and save money.
- The Model 1241 Metal Detector is designed primarily for scanning whole logs on conveyors or chutes for all types of tramp metal, magnetic and non-magnetic, to protect hogs and de-barkers. It is also ideal for applications requiring large openings and high metal sensitivities.
- The Model 1250 Metal Detector is the most sensitive metal detector of all the Model 1200 Series units. It is suited for installation on conveyor belts carrying coal, minerals, aggregates and other bulk materials. The Model 1250 is available with two controls, E-1 and E-6.
- The Model 1260 Metal Detector, designed to prevent conveyor belt damage due to long rods piercing the belt at transfer points or jamming the transfer point, selectively detects long metal objects of a given diameter and length, as well as normal tramp metals greater than the rod diameter. As is the case with the other 1200 Series Metal Detectors, the Model 1260 is also compatible with fabric or steel-corded conveyor belts, and belts with metal splices.