The Missouri Limestone Producers Association (MLPA) announced the names of the 13 students who will be receiving the 2020 MLPA Scholarship Foundation Scholarship awards for the purposes of furthering their education through four-year and two-year programs.
“Missouri families are facing some tough challenges with everything that has happened with the economic slowdown of the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Jerry Enyeart, chairman. “The Missouri Limestone Producers Association, through its fundraising activities and the support of the Association membership, is proud to provide financial assistance to Missouri high school students who are furthering their education.”
The following list of individuals and their intended college are award winners for 2020:
- Dennis Amsden III – Moberly Area Community College / University of Missouri.
- Emily Rose Lee – University of Missouri.
- Haylee Greer – Ozark Christian College.
- Hunter Grimes – MWI Welding School.
- Hunter Hedrick – MWI Welding School.
- Kristen Parmeley – Southeast Missouri State University.
- Matthew Olson – Pittsburg State University.
- Natalie Mackey – Ozarks Technical Community College.
- Olivia Meara – University of Arkansas.
- Rachel Basler – Mineral Area College.
- Samuel Sellers – Southeastern Illinois College.
- Simon Sarginson – Hobart School of Welding Technology.
- Ty Murray – Vassar College.
The MLPA Scholarship Foundation was originally established in 1980 to recognize the accomplishments of outstanding high school seniors. Each winner will receive a financial scholarship for the 2020-2021 academic year. Since the foundation began, more than 200 scholarships have been granted, totaling more than $300,000 in awards.