The National Ready Mixed Concrete Association (NRMCA) announced the winners of its 2018 NRMCA Excellence in Quality Awards. Winning producers have demonstrated that they followed and exceeded quality management principles over a broad range of activities from commitment to quality, materials management, managing production facilities and product quality control while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
The winners below will be honored on October 1 during the Awards Luncheon at NRMCA’s ConcreteWorks in National Harbor, Md.
Category A (annual production exceeding 1 million cu. yd.):
- Argos USA – Florida Argos USA LLC – DFW Argos USA RMX – Area 1 South East Zone.
- CalPortland – Arizona Division.
- Cemex – Florida Region.
- Cemex – Northern California Region.
- Cemstone Products Co.
- Concrete Supply Co.
- CRH Americas Materials – Jack B. Parson Ready Mix.
- GCC Ready Mix.
- Irving Materials Inc. – North Division.
- Martin Marietta – Southwest Division.
- Maschmeyer Concrete Co. of Florida, Inc.
- Preferred Materials, Inc. – a CRH Company.
- Thomas Concrete – Georgia Division.
- Titan America LLC – Florida Business Unit.
Category B (annual production from 250,000 to 1 million cu. yd.):
- Anderson Concrete Corp.
- Argos USA RMX – Area 2 South East Zone.
- Bayou Concrete, LLC.
- Buckeye Ready-Mix, LLC.
- CalPortland – Nevada Division.
- CalPortland – Oregon – SW Washington.
- CalPortland – Southern California Ready Mix Division.
- CalPortland – Washington Division.
- Chandler Concrete Co. Inc.
- Chaney Enterprises.
- Dolese Bros. Co. – Oklahoma City Metro.
- Irving Materials Inc. – Eastern KY Region.
- Irving Materials, Inc. – Western Kentucky/Southwestern Indiana.
- S&W Ready Mix Concrete Co.
- Thomas Concrete – Charlotte Division.
- Thomas Concrete – Coastal Division.
- Thomas Concrete – Raleigh Division.
- Thomas Concrete – Upstate South Carolina.
Category C (annual production less than 250,000 cu. yd.):
- CalPortland – Central Coast Division.
- Conewago Ready Mix.
- Dolese Bros. Co. – Tulsa Division.
The criteria for this award were established by NRMCA’s Research Engineering and Standards Committee to recognize the commitment to quality of NRMCA member companies.