The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) released a listing of the top 20 U.S. crushed stone producers. This new listing, based on 2016 production, is the most current information available, said USGS Crushed Stone Commodity Specialist Jason Willet.
The combined production of the top 20 companies increased slightly to 743 million metric tons (55 percent of the national total) since its last ranking. The combined production of the top 100 companies was 1.02 billion metric tons (Gt) (75 percent of the national total).
The combined production of the leading 294 companies was 1.21 Gt of crushed stone, which means that 20 percent of the companies produced 89 percent of the total sales in 2016.
The top 20 are:
1. Vulcan Materials Co.
2. Martin Marietta Aggregates.
3. CRH Materials Americas (Oldcastle Materials Inc.)
4. Lehigh Hanson Inc.
6. Cemex S.A.B. de C.V.
7. Rogers Group Inc.
8. Carmeuse Lime & Stone.
9. Luck Stone Corp.
10. Lhoist North America.
11. New Enterprise Stone & Lime Co. Inc.
12. Ash Grove Cement Co. (became part of CRH plc, June 2018).
13. Bluegrass Materials Co. (became part of Martin Marietta Materials, April 2018).
14. Summit Materials Inc.
15. Dolese Bros. Co.
16. Vecellio & Grogan Inc.
17. National Lime & Stone Co.
18. Eucon Corp.
19. Buzzi Unicem USA Inc.
20. Mulzer Crushed Stone Inc. (became part of Oldcastle, the North American arm of CRH plc, March 2017).