The National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association (NSSGA) announced the recipients of its Excellence in Community Relations awards.
The community relations awards program was begun in 1989 to recognize aggregate producers whose community involvement and support activities enhanced the public’s perception of the aggregates industry in general and the public image of the individual producer’s aggregates operation in particular.
NSSGA firmly believes that an active community relations program is the best way for an aggregates producer to demonstrate clearly that an operation can be and, indeed is, an asset in any community and that the individuals who manage and work at aggregates operations are both good neighbors and responsible corporate citizens.
“We congratulate all of the Excellence in Community Relations award winners for involving their communities in their operations and helping their neighbors understand the impact of local operations and the value of the aggregates industry,” said Michael W. Johnson, NSSGA president and CEO.
Gold award recipients represent the top 10 percent of facilities that received the highest score from NSSGA’s selected group of industry judges. Gold winners are eligible for the Excellence in Community Relations Platinum award, the industry’s highest recognition for community outreach. The platinum award recipient will be announced at the upcoming NSSGA Annual Convention in Houston on March 4.
Excellence in Community Relations Gold Award recipients are:
- Silver Spring Quarry, Oldcastle Inc., Mechanicsburg, Pa.
- Ames Mine, Martin Marietta, Ames, Iowa.
- Stoneco Maybee, Oldcastle Inc., Maybee, Mich.
- Chico Quarry, Martin Marietta, Bridgeport, Texas.
- FEC Quarry, Cemex, Miami, Fla.
- Stringtown Quarry, LafargeHolcim, Stringtown, Okla.
- Forsyth Quarry, Martin Marietta, Suwanee, Ga.
- Mt. Holly Quarry, Oldcastle Inc., Mt. Holly Springs, Pa.