BJM Pumps released the new XP-SKG explosion-proof electric submersible pumps. The XP-SKG pumps are specifically designed for tough conditions where explosion-proof, FM C/US approved (Class I, Division 1, Group C & D) are needed. The XP-SKG features patented RAD-AX Dual Shredding Technology, designed to obliterate tensile fabrics and other difficult solids in municipal and industrial wastewater applications.
The XP-SKG features robust construction and unmatched design, making it able to outperform and outlast standard wastewater predecessors in harsh environments.
Top features include:
- RAD-AX Dual Shredding Technology (patented) featuring radial and axial shredding elements.
- All shredding elements constructed of hardened 440C Stainless Steel with a Rockwell hardness of 55C plus.
- Shredding system efficiency to alleviate potentially high surge load to the motor.
- Efficient, high solids passage impeller and volute design, coupled to a high torque 4-pole motor (2, 3 and 5 hp).
- Trimmed Impellers – BJM Pumps offers two impeller trims for each of the SKG models to expand hydraulic coverage.
- Oil-lubricated double mechanical seals and separate lip seal design to protect motor.
- Heavy duty SOOW power and sensor cable – construction provides motor lead and sensor lead cable protection.
The hardened impeller and suction cover materials provide maximum wear resistance for long service life. (NEMA) Class F motor insulation and 1.15 service factor allow for higher service loading. Additional motor protection through Seal Minder – a seal leak detection system and motor thermal sensor switches embedded in motor windings. The automatic motor thermal switch turns the pump motor off if the temperature and/or amp draw rises too high. When the motor cools the switch will automatically reset and the pump will turn back on.
BJM Pumps, www.bjmpumps.com